Sports news
#Fans #allowed #attend #Playoff #matches #Pakistan #Super #League">Fans to be allowed to attend Playoff matches of Pakistan Super League Fans will be allowed to attend the remaining games of the Pakistan Super League after prime minister Shehbaz Sharif on Monday approved spectators for three Playoffs matches.
It comes two days after Sharif approved a request from franchise owners to allow fans for the PSL’s May 3 final in Lahore.
Pakistan Cricket Board Chairman Mohsin Naqvi, who is also interior minister in the government, announced the decision on social media after his meeting with Sharif in Islamabad.
He wrote on X that Sharif wanted the fans to “use public transport or minimize fuel consumption while attending the matches, in line with the ongoing national austerity efforts.”
Pakistan’s biggest sports spectacle of the year started behind closed doors late last month with fans asked to stay home because of soaring fuel prices related to the Iran war.
Pakistan’s government had urged people to restrict travel and to work from home and Naqvi had said it wouldn’t be right to have 30,000 fans attending cricket matches every day while the government is asking the public to stay home.
The PCB also reduced the number of PSL venues from six to two as part of austerity measures, but barred spectators from PSL games at Lahore and Karachi.
Peshawar Zalmi, led by Babar Azam, will take on three-time champion Islamabad United in the qualifier in Karachi on Tuesday with the winner advancing to the final.
The loser faces the winner of Wednesday’s eliminator between first-timer Hyderabad Kingsmen and Multan Sultans on May 1 for the second spot in the finale, with all three of those matches in Lahore.
Published on Apr 27, 2026
Fans will be allowed to attend the remaining games of the Pakistan Super League after…
Sports news
#Mustafizur #Rahman #remaining #PSL #season #BCB #withdraws #NOC #Nahid #Rana #ruled">Mustafizur Rahman out of remaining PSL season after BCB withdraws NOC; Nahid Rana too ruled out
Pacer Mustafizur Rahman will not be available for the rest of the Pakistan Super League (PSL) 2026 season after the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) withdrew his No Objection Certificate (NOC) due to injury concerns.
“The Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) wishes to inform that, following the conclusion of the 3rd ODI against New Zealand, the team’s medical staff has reviewed the condition of national team pace bowler Mustafizur Rahman,” the Body said on Thursday in a statement.
ALSO READ | Bangladesh seals 2-1 ODI series win over New Zealand
“It has been decided that the player will undergo an immediate scan to further assess his condition, after which he will commence a rehabilitation programme under the supervision of the BCB Medical Team.”
“In this regard, the Board has withdrawn the No Objection Certificate (NOC) previously issued to Mustafizur. He will therefore not be available to participate in the remainder of PSL 2026,” it added.
Mustafizur was playing for Lahore Qalandars and he’d taken six wickets in five matches this season, while Peshawar Zalmi’s Nahid took seven wickets in four matches.
BCB also announced that fast bowler Nahid Rana will not be released for the PSL “to allow him adequate time to prepare for the upcoming Test series against Pakistan next month”.
Bangladesh on Thursday clinched a 2-1 ODI series win over New Zealand after securing a 55-run victory over the Kiwis in the third one-day international in Chattogram.
Published on Apr 23, 2026
Pacer Mustafizur Rahman will not be available for the rest of the Pakistan Super League (PSL) 2026 season after the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) withdrew his No Objection Certificate (NOC) due to injury concerns.
“The Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) wishes to inform that, following the conclusion of the 3rd ODI against New Zealand, the team’s medical staff has reviewed the condition of national team pace bowler Mustafizur Rahman,” the Body said on Thursday in a statement.
ALSO READ | Bangladesh seals 2-1 ODI series win over New Zealand
“It has been decided that the player will undergo an immediate scan to further assess his condition, after which he will commence a rehabilitation programme under the supervision of the BCB Medical Team.”
“In this regard, the Board has withdrawn the No Objection Certificate (NOC) previously issued to Mustafizur. He will therefore not be available to participate in the remainder of PSL 2026,” it added.
Mustafizur was playing for Lahore Qalandars and he’d taken six wickets in five matches this season, while Peshawar Zalmi’s Nahid took seven wickets in four matches.
BCB also announced that fast bowler Nahid Rana will not be released for the PSL “to allow him adequate time to prepare for the upcoming Test series against Pakistan next month”.
Bangladesh on Thursday clinched a 2-1 ODI series win over New Zealand after securing a 55-run victory over the Kiwis in the third one-day international in Chattogram.
Published on Apr 23, 2026
Pacer Mustafizur Rahman will not be available for the rest of the Pakistan Super League…