×
Katharine McPhee Reacts After Chrishell Stause Calls Her ‘Insecure’ for Backing ‘Problematic Men’

Katharine McPhee Reacts After Chrishell Stause Calls Her ‘Insecure’ for Backing ‘Problematic Men’

Katharine McPhee appears to have no idea what Chrishell Stause’s beef is.

TikTok user Jordy Cray posted a video earlier this month claiming that McPhee’s career and personal life was “one of the mcmessiest ones out there,” detailing the American Idol alum’s public romances and scandals.

“One day she will find her real inner confidence but it won’t come until after she is disgarded [sic] enough times by the problematic men she backs,” Selling Sunset alum Stause, 44, wrote in the comments section. “An insecure woman will steal your man, and give the worst advice.”

Several commenters were shocked by Stause’s “messy” comment, which appeared to come out of left field. One TikTok user wondered, “Chrisell [sic] do you know something we don’t know?”

Others called Stause “jealous,” while some referred to her as a “queen” for the message.

McPhee, 42, responded to E! News’ Instagram coverage of the situation on Thursday, May 21, when a fan asked what she did to Stause.

“Honestly I have no idea,” McPhee wrote in a reply. “I am just as confused about this controversy as you Imao.”

Cray entered the chat in the comments section, clarifying that “Chrishell’s comment was moreso about Katharine endorsing Spencer Pratt for [Los Angeles] Mayor.” (McPhee has previously received backlash for donating to Republican Party candidates.)

Us Weekly has reached out to McPhee’s team for comment.

Related: Stars Reveal Whether They Support Spencer Pratt‘s L.A. Mayoral Campaign

Spencer Pratt is saying goodbye to reality TV and hello to politics. Exactly one year after a wildfire burned down his family’s home in Pacific Palisades, California, Pratt announced that he was running for mayor of Los Angeles. “The system in Los Angeles isn’t struggling; it’s fundamentally broken,” Pratt said at the “They Let Us […]

Meanwhile, other social media users speculated that Stause’s comment was in response to Cray focusing on McPhee’s relationship history in his TikTok, stemming from her American Idol days. After the singer appeared on the show’s fifth season in 2006, she took her relationship with Nick Cokas public. They wed in 2008. By 2016, their divorce was finalized. (McPhee was photographed kissing Smash director Michael Morris in 2013. Us confirmed at the time that she and Cokas were already separated.)

McPhee moved on with longtime friend David Foster in 2017. They got engaged the following year.

“Y’all should be worrying more about registering to vote and midterms elections than who’s marrying me,” she shared via X in July 2018, calling out critics of their relationship. “Thank you for coming to my TED talk.”

The couple wed in June 2019, and share a son born in February 2021.

Throughout their marriage, McPhee and Foster, 76, have navigated several comments about their age gap. (Foster is 35 years McPhee’s senior.)

McPhee told People in 2024 that she and Foster don’t focus on their ages.

“Honestly, I think that we’re both very similar in this way,” she said. “I welcomed my 40s, and David didn’t have any conversations about, like, ‘Oh, I can’t believe I’m 75,’ or I didn’t say, like, ‘Oh, I can’t believe I’m 40. I’m really mourning that.’”

She added, “We didn’t do any of that. So, we’re kind of both cut from the same cloth. It’s like we sort of just accept life as it comes, and we’re not fighting getting older, because it just keeps getting better.”



Source link
#Katharine #McPhee #Reacts #Chrishell #Stause #Calls #Insecure #Backing #Problematic #Men

Previous post

What to Wear to Gov Ball, From Festival Frocks to Essential Summer Accessories

Next post

3 WNBA players were waived this week, but it doesn’t mean that’s the end <div><p class="duet--article--dangerously-set-cms-markup duet--article--standard-paragraph _1nfb3k4i _16w9vov1 _16w9vov0 ls9zuh1">There are more roster spots in the WNBA than ever before — more than 200, to be exact.</p></div><div><p class="duet--article--dangerously-set-cms-markup duet--article--standard-paragraph _1nfb3k4i _16w9vov1 _16w9vov0 ls9zuh1">That’s in large part due to league expansion; with the addition of the Portland Fire and Toronto Tempo this season, the league has a record 15 teams. And, alongside 12 standard roster spots, each team has two developmental player slots, as agreed upon in the latest CBA.</p></div><div><p class="duet--article--dangerously-set-cms-markup duet--article--standard-paragraph _1nfb3k4i _16w9vov1 _16w9vov0 ls9zuh1">Still, with an influx of overseas talent coming to the WNBA in addition to droves of elite college players, holding on to a roster spot remains difficult for those who are on the fringe. As such, even two weeks into the season, good players are getting waived every day.</p></div><div><p class="duet--article--dangerously-set-cms-markup duet--article--standard-paragraph _1nfb3k4i _16w9vov1 _16w9vov0 ls9zuh1">Since Monday, three players have been waived: Grace Vanslooten by the Seattle Storm, Ashten Prechtel by the Golden State Valkyries, and Aubrey Griffin by the New York Liberty. Vanslooter was a 2026 third-round pick after a standout career at Notre Dame. Prechtel was a 2023 third-round pick who won an NCAA championship with Stanford. And, Griffin was selected in the third round of the 2025 draft out of UConn.</p></div><div><p class="duet--article--dangerously-set-cms-markup duet--article--standard-paragraph _1nfb3k4i _16w9vov1 _16w9vov0 ls9zuh1">Before those three cuts, the Phoenix Mercury waived Anneli Maley and Peyton Williams, the Connecticut Sun waived Shey Peddy, and the Portland Fire waived Jordan Harrison.</p></div><div><p class="duet--article--dangerously-set-cms-markup duet--article--standard-paragraph _1nfb3k4i _16w9vov1 _16w9vov0 ls9zuh1">Sometimes, these cuts are expected: players signed hardship contracts in the wake of injuries and knew that their tenures would likely be temporary. Other times, cuts seemingly come out of left field; Kate Martin, who was waived by the Valkyries after training camp (and after being a rotation player for the team last season) is an example.</p></div><div><p class="duet--article--dangerously-set-cms-markup duet--article--standard-paragraph _1nfb3k4i _16w9vov1 _16w9vov0 ls9zuh1">And, getting cut isn’t always a death sentence. There’s a long list of players who were waived by a WNBA team, only to eventually blossom elsewhere. That list includes Veronica Burton, who was waived by the Dallas Wings two years ago before becoming an elite two-way point guard for the Valkyries last season. It also includes veteran players like Erica Wheeler and Alysha Clark, who were cut early in their careers. That didn’t stop either: Wheeler has played 11 seasons, and Clark has played 14. Both are some of the league’s most established vets.</p></div><div><p class="duet--article--dangerously-set-cms-markup duet--article--standard-paragraph _1nfb3k4i _16w9vov1 _16w9vov0 ls9zuh1">Players who get cut might look to go overseas in the meantime, or they might try to find a home elsewhere (Hailey Van Lith was recently cut by the Chicago Sky, and immediately joined the Connecticut Sun).</p></div><div><p class="duet--article--dangerously-set-cms-markup duet--article--standard-paragraph _1nfb3k4i _16w9vov1 _16w9vov0 ls9zuh1">For some, it’s the end of the road. For others, it’s just the beginning.</p></div> #WNBA #players #waived #week #doesnt

Post Comment