ShinyHunters has breached Instructure (again). Instead of contacting us to resolve it they ignored us and did some “security patches.” If any of the schools in the affected list are interested in preventing the release of their data, please consult with a cyber advisory firm and contact us privately at TOX to negotiate a settlement. You have till the end of the day by 12 May 2026 before everything is leaked.
The message included a link to a list of schools ShinyHunter claims to have breached through Canvas. The platform’s status page says Canvas, Canvas Beta, and Canvas Test are currently unavailable and that it is investigating the outage.
Instructure said last week that it “deployed patches to enhance system security” following the breach. ShinyHunters — which has claimed responsibility for attacks on Ticketmaster, AT&T, Rockstar Games, ADT, and Vercel — said its data leak site contains 9,000 schools, including data belonging to 275 million students, teachers, and other staff, according to Bleeping Computer.
ShinyHunters has breached Instructure (again). Instead of contacting us to resolve it they ignored us and did some “security patches.” If any of the schools in the affected list are interested in preventing the release of their data, please consult with a cyber advisory firm and contact us privately at TOX to negotiate a settlement. You have till the end of the day by 12 May 2026 before everything is leaked.
The message included a link to a list of schools ShinyHunter claims to have breached through Canvas. The platform’s status page says Canvas, Canvas Beta, and Canvas Test are currently unavailable and that it is investigating the outage.
Instructure said last week that it “deployed patches to enhance system security” following the breach. ShinyHunters — which has claimed responsibility for attacks on Ticketmaster, AT&T, Rockstar Games, ADT, and Vercel — said its data leak site contains 9,000 schools, including data belonging to 275 million students, teachers, and other staff, according to Bleeping Computer.
#Canvas #ShinyHunters #threatens #leak #schools #dataNews,Security,Tech">Canvas is down as ShinyHunters threatens to leak schools’ data
The Instructure-owned learning management platform, Canvas, is down after recently confirming a massive data breach that impacted student names, email addresses, ID numbers, and messages. Students attempting to access the system on Thursday saw a message from the hacking group ShinyHunters, which claimed responsibility for the attack:
ShinyHunters has breached Instructure (again). Instead of contacting us to resolve it they ignored us and did some “security patches.” If any of the schools in the affected list are interested in preventing the release of their data, please consult with a cyber advisory firm and contact us privately at TOX to negotiate a settlement. You have till the end of the day by 12 May 2026 before everything is leaked.
The message included a link to a list of schools ShinyHunter claims to have breached through Canvas. The platform’s status page says Canvas, Canvas Beta, and Canvas Test are currently unavailable and that it is investigating the outage.
Instructure said last week that it “deployed patches to enhance system security” following the breach. ShinyHunters — which has claimed responsibility for attacks on Ticketmaster, AT&T, Rockstar Games, ADT, and Vercel — said its data leak site contains 9,000 schools, including data belonging to 275 million students, teachers, and other staff, according to Bleeping Computer.
Album,Bollywood,Jiostar,JioStar Network,Legal,Music,Music Rights,News,Nykaa,Songs,ZEE">After Nykaa, Zee files Rs 25 crores lawsuit against JioStar; alleges unauthorised music usage
Zee Entertainment Enterprises has initiated legal action against JioStar, the joint venture formed by Reliance Industries and The Walt Disney Company, alleging unauthorised use of its copyrighted music content. The lawsuit, filed in a New Delhi court on April 14, seeks damages of approximately $3 million and calls for an immediate halt to any ongoing infringement.
After Nykaa, Zee files Rs 25 crores lawsuit against JioStar; alleges unauthorised music usage
According to court documents reviewed by Reuters, Zee has claimed that its music catalogue was used at least 50 times across television programmes and streaming content on JioStar’s platforms after licensing agreements expired in 2024 and 2025. The company stated in its filing that “the illegal exploitation thereof amounted to copyright infringement,” and urged the court to restrain further use of its works.
The dispute is part of a broader series of legal disagreements between the two entities following the $8.5 billion merger that brought together Reliance and Disney’s media operations in India. JioStar currently operates a large portfolio of television channels and the streaming platform JioHotstar, which reportedly reaches around 500 million monthly users. Zee, one of India’s long-established media networks, maintains a catalogue of over 19,000 songs across multiple languages.
During a recent hearing, the court directed JioStar to ensure that no further infringement occurs while the case is under consideration and asked the company to comply within 15 days. The next hearing is scheduled for July 23.
JioStar has denied the allegations and rejected Zee’s demand for damages. In earlier correspondence cited in court filings, the company stated that it had taken “extensive steps to remove any infringing content,” including legacy programming. It also argued that residual archival hosting does not constitute unlawful use, a claim that Zee has contested.
The case also comes at a time when both parties are engaged in arbitration proceedings in London over a separate dispute related to a cricket rights agreement, where Reliance is reportedly seeking $1 billion in damages from Zee.
Industry observers note that the lawsuit highlights increasing friction over content ownership and licensing as India’s media and streaming landscape continues to consolidate. The outcome of the case could have wider implications for how intellectual property rights are managed across platforms in the evolving entertainment ecosystem.
In addition to the Gemini upgrade, Google also announced improvements to the camera experience, new automation capabilities, and two public previews: Ask Home on Web and a new notification feature. Ask Home on Web will allow Google Home users to manage their smart home from a computer, including searching camera history with natural language, checking on devices, and creating automations. Google is also releasing a public preview for “improved and expanded notifications” that include “quick action” buttons that can be used for device control directly in the notification.
In addition to the Gemini upgrade, Google also announced improvements to the camera experience, new automation capabilities, and two public previews: Ask Home on Web and a new notification feature. Ask Home on Web will allow Google Home users to manage their smart home from a computer, including searching camera history with natural language, checking on devices, and creating automations. Google is also releasing a public preview for “improved and expanded notifications” that include “quick action” buttons that can be used for device control directly in the notification.
#Google #Homes #Gemini #handle #complicated #requestsAI,Google,News,Smart Home,Tech">Google Home’s Gemini AI can handle more complicated requests
Google Home users can now ask Gemini to complete more complex, multi-step tasks and combine multiple tasks in a single command. Google has updated Gemini for Home to Gemini 3.1, which it says will improve the smart home assistant’s ability to interpret and act on requests. The upgrade will also make Gemini for Home better at handling recurring and all-day events and allow users to “move around” upcoming events.
In addition to the Gemini upgrade, Google also announced improvements to the camera experience, new automation capabilities, and two public previews: Ask Home on Web and a new notification feature. Ask Home on Web will allow Google Home users to manage their smart home from a computer, including searching camera history with natural language, checking on devices, and creating automations. Google is also releasing a public preview for “improved and expanded notifications” that include “quick action” buttons that can be used for device control directly in the notification.
Akshay Kumar,Anees Bazmee,Instagram,Kerala,News,Raashii Khanna,Shooting,Social Media,Vidya Balan">Akshay Kumar wraps Keralam schedule of Anees Bazmee film, calls it “special”
Akshay Kumar has completed the Keralam schedule of his upcoming untitled film directed by Anees Bazmee. The actor shared the update on May 5, 2026, marking the end of an extensive shoot that took place across scenic locations such as Munnar and Marayoor.
Akshay Kumar wraps Keralam schedule of Anees Bazmee film, calls it “special”
Taking to social media, Akshay posted a picture featuring his co-stars Vidya Balan and Raashii Khanna. The image was set against traditional cultural displays from Kerala, including performers representing Kathakali, Mohiniyattam and Theyyam, reflecting the local artistic heritage of the region where the film was shot.
In the photo, Akshay is seen dressed in a dark grey outfit paired with sunglasses, while Vidya Balan appears in a white oversized shirt and denim jeans. Raashii Khanna is seen in a black dress. The presence of classical performers in the backdrop adds a cultural context to the shoot location, which has often been referred to as “God’s Own Country.”
Sharing his experience, Akshay wrote, “Keralam schedule wrapped! Nothing beats working with good people in a beautiful place. Big love to our director Anees Bazmee for the madness behind the camera and to my incredible co-stars Vidya, Raashii, Chota Rajpal and the entire crew! This one’s been special ♥️.”
The Kerala leg began on April 23, when Akshay and Vidya were seen boarding a private plane to head for the shoot. The schedule focused on outdoor sequences, making use of the region’s landscapes.
This film marks the fourth collaboration between Akshay Kumar and Vidya Balan. It also brings Akshay back together with Anees Bazmee after a gap of 15 years. The project is said to be a comedy and is reportedly inspired by the Telugu film Sankranthiki Vasthunam, although an official confirmation on the adaptation has not been made.
The shoot comes shortly after the release of Akshay’s recent film Bhooth Bangla, directed by Priyadarshan.