×
Deadspin | Bills GM nixed trade offers, hit ‘reset button’ with WR Keon Coleman  Buffalo Bills wide receiver Keon Coleman yells as he takes the field during team introductions before their home game against the Kansas City Chiefs at Highmark Stadium in Orchard Park on Nov. 2, 2025.   Bills general manager Brandon Beane said Buffalo has turned down trade interest in wide receiver Keon Coleman and “hit the reset button” with the maligned No. 33 pick in the 2024 NFL Draft.  “We had some people connect with us in Indy, at least one team there, and a couple between there and the owners meetings. But we shut those down,” Beane said in an interview with 550 AM in Buffalo on Monday. “Our intention is for Keon to be here, and so I think the word was kind of out. So, no calls this weekend.”  The Bills traded for wide receiver DJ Moore last month and drafted UConn wideout Skyler Bell in the fourth round on Saturday. But Beane said Coleman has been a regular attendee at offseason workouts and expectations remain high for the jumbo wideout.  Former head coach Sean McDermott did not play Coleman in four games last season and he also was fined for tardiness. In 13 games, he caught 38 passes for 404 yards and four touchdowns.  New coach Joe Brady, elevated from his previous post as offensive coordinator to replace the fired McDermott, told Coleman he has a clean slate with the new staff if he takes advantage of the offseason.   “He’s put a lot of work in,” Brady said last week.  Coleman’s status on the roster and his performance was the subject of a behind-the-scenes tug of war as described by owner Terry Pegula when McDermott was fired. Pegula put the decision to draft Coleman on McDermott and his coaching staff, implying Beane was not on board with the pick.  “I’ll address the Keon situation,” Pegula said, jumping in front of a reporter’s question to Beane in January. “The coaching staff pushed to draft Keon. I’m not saying Brandon wouldn’t have drafted him, but he wasn’t his next choice. That was Brandon being a team player and taking advice of this coaching staff who felt strongly about the player. He’s taken, for some reason, heat over it and not saying a word about it, but I’m here to tell you the true story.”  Coleman, who turns 23 next month, has collected 67 catches for 960 yards and eight TDs in 26 games (18 starts).  –Field Level Media    #Deadspin #Bills #nixed #trade #offers #hit #reset #button #Keon #Coleman

Deadspin | Bills GM nixed trade offers, hit ‘reset button’ with WR Keon Coleman
Deadspin | Bills GM nixed trade offers, hit ‘reset button’ with WR Keon Coleman  Buffalo Bills wide receiver Keon Coleman yells as he takes the field during team introductions before their home game against the Kansas City Chiefs at Highmark Stadium in Orchard Park on Nov. 2, 2025.   Bills general manager Brandon Beane said Buffalo has turned down trade interest in wide receiver Keon Coleman and “hit the reset button” with the maligned No. 33 pick in the 2024 NFL Draft.  “We had some people connect with us in Indy, at least one team there, and a couple between there and the owners meetings. But we shut those down,” Beane said in an interview with 550 AM in Buffalo on Monday. “Our intention is for Keon to be here, and so I think the word was kind of out. So, no calls this weekend.”  The Bills traded for wide receiver DJ Moore last month and drafted UConn wideout Skyler Bell in the fourth round on Saturday. But Beane said Coleman has been a regular attendee at offseason workouts and expectations remain high for the jumbo wideout.  Former head coach Sean McDermott did not play Coleman in four games last season and he also was fined for tardiness. In 13 games, he caught 38 passes for 404 yards and four touchdowns.  New coach Joe Brady, elevated from his previous post as offensive coordinator to replace the fired McDermott, told Coleman he has a clean slate with the new staff if he takes advantage of the offseason.   “He’s put a lot of work in,” Brady said last week.  Coleman’s status on the roster and his performance was the subject of a behind-the-scenes tug of war as described by owner Terry Pegula when McDermott was fired. Pegula put the decision to draft Coleman on McDermott and his coaching staff, implying Beane was not on board with the pick.  “I’ll address the Keon situation,” Pegula said, jumping in front of a reporter’s question to Beane in January. “The coaching staff pushed to draft Keon. I’m not saying Brandon wouldn’t have drafted him, but he wasn’t his next choice. That was Brandon being a team player and taking advice of this coaching staff who felt strongly about the player. He’s taken, for some reason, heat over it and not saying a word about it, but I’m here to tell you the true story.”  Coleman, who turns 23 next month, has collected 67 catches for 960 yards and eight TDs in 26 games (18 starts).  –Field Level Media    #Deadspin #Bills #nixed #trade #offers #hit #reset #button #Keon #ColemanBuffalo Bills wide receiver Keon Coleman yells as he takes the field during team introductions before their home game against the Kansas City Chiefs at Highmark Stadium in Orchard Park on Nov. 2, 2025.

Bills general manager Brandon Beane said Buffalo has turned down trade interest in wide receiver Keon Coleman and “hit the reset button” with the maligned No. 33 pick in the 2024 NFL Draft.

“We had some people connect with us in Indy, at least one team there, and a couple between there and the owners meetings. But we shut those down,” Beane said in an interview with 550 AM in Buffalo on Monday. “Our intention is for Keon to be here, and so I think the word was kind of out. So, no calls this weekend.”

The Bills traded for wide receiver DJ Moore last month and drafted UConn wideout Skyler Bell in the fourth round on Saturday. But Beane said Coleman has been a regular attendee at offseason workouts and expectations remain high for the jumbo wideout.

Former head coach Sean McDermott did not play Coleman in four games last season and he also was fined for tardiness. In 13 games, he caught 38 passes for 404 yards and four touchdowns.


New coach Joe Brady, elevated from his previous post as offensive coordinator to replace the fired McDermott, told Coleman he has a clean slate with the new staff if he takes advantage of the offseason.

“He’s put a lot of work in,” Brady said last week.

Coleman’s status on the roster and his performance was the subject of a behind-the-scenes tug of war as described by owner Terry Pegula when McDermott was fired. Pegula put the decision to draft Coleman on McDermott and his coaching staff, implying Beane was not on board with the pick.

“I’ll address the Keon situation,” Pegula said, jumping in front of a reporter’s question to Beane in January. “The coaching staff pushed to draft Keon. I’m not saying Brandon wouldn’t have drafted him, but he wasn’t his next choice. That was Brandon being a team player and taking advice of this coaching staff who felt strongly about the player. He’s taken, for some reason, heat over it and not saying a word about it, but I’m here to tell you the true story.”

Coleman, who turns 23 next month, has collected 67 catches for 960 yards and eight TDs in 26 games (18 starts).


–Field Level Media

#Deadspin #Bills #nixed #trade #offers #hit #reset #button #Keon #Coleman

Buffalo Bills wide receiver Keon Coleman yells as he takes the field during team introductions before their home game against the Kansas City Chiefs at Highmark Stadium in Orchard Park on Nov. 2, 2025.

Bills general manager Brandon Beane said Buffalo has turned down trade interest in wide receiver Keon Coleman and “hit the reset button” with the maligned No. 33 pick in the 2024 NFL Draft.

“We had some people connect with us in Indy, at least one team there, and a couple between there and the owners meetings. But we shut those down,” Beane said in an interview with 550 AM in Buffalo on Monday. “Our intention is for Keon to be here, and so I think the word was kind of out. So, no calls this weekend.”

The Bills traded for wide receiver DJ Moore last month and drafted UConn wideout Skyler Bell in the fourth round on Saturday. But Beane said Coleman has been a regular attendee at offseason workouts and expectations remain high for the jumbo wideout.

Former head coach Sean McDermott did not play Coleman in four games last season and he also was fined for tardiness. In 13 games, he caught 38 passes for 404 yards and four touchdowns.

New coach Joe Brady, elevated from his previous post as offensive coordinator to replace the fired McDermott, told Coleman he has a clean slate with the new staff if he takes advantage of the offseason.

“He’s put a lot of work in,” Brady said last week.

Coleman’s status on the roster and his performance was the subject of a behind-the-scenes tug of war as described by owner Terry Pegula when McDermott was fired. Pegula put the decision to draft Coleman on McDermott and his coaching staff, implying Beane was not on board with the pick.

“I’ll address the Keon situation,” Pegula said, jumping in front of a reporter’s question to Beane in January. “The coaching staff pushed to draft Keon. I’m not saying Brandon wouldn’t have drafted him, but he wasn’t his next choice. That was Brandon being a team player and taking advice of this coaching staff who felt strongly about the player. He’s taken, for some reason, heat over it and not saying a word about it, but I’m here to tell you the true story.”

Coleman, who turns 23 next month, has collected 67 catches for 960 yards and eight TDs in 26 games (18 starts).

–Field Level Media

Source link
#Deadspin #Bills #nixed #trade #offers #hit #reset #button #Keon #Coleman

A bizarre, problematic twist to the NHL Playoff schedule has led to the greatest rest disparity in the history of the Stanley Cup Playoffs. Nobody has had 12 games of rest before, and it happened because of the bracket’s construction. The NHL has long operated on the idea that nobody should be able to easily sweep a series, let along two back-to-back. What the Canes are doing hasn’t been seen since the 1980s, and it just so happens at the time where the other side of the Eastern conference draw has been a total crapshoot. It took seven games for the Canadiens to beat the Tampa Bay Lightning, the Sabres needed six to beat the Bruins in the opening round — now they have gone to seven against each other in this series. Meanwhile the Hurricanes wen 4-0 against the Senators, then 4-0 against the Flyers to reach this spot.

#Carolina #Hurricanes #coming #historic #rest #NHL #Eastern #Conference #Finals">Carolina Hurricanes coming off historic rest for NHL Eastern Conference Finals  It’s been a long time since the Carolina Hurricanes played hockey, and they have to wait even longer. The Montreal Canadiens and Buffalo Sabres play in Game 7 of their Eastern Conference Semi-Finals on Monday night, with Carolina waiting for the winner to kick off the next series on Thursday.The winner of that Game 7 will have two days of rest before beginning the Eastern Conference Finals — the Hurricanes will have had 12.A bizarre, problematic twist to the NHL Playoff schedule has led to the greatest rest disparity in the history of the Stanley Cup Playoffs. Nobody has had 12 games of rest before, and it happened because of the bracket’s construction. The NHL has long operated on the idea that nobody should be able to easily sweep a series, let along two back-to-back. What the Canes are doing hasn’t been seen since the 1980s, and it just so happens at the time where the other side of the Eastern conference draw has been a total crapshoot. It took seven games for the Canadiens to beat the Tampa Bay Lightning, the Sabres needed six to beat the Bruins in the opening round — now they have gone to seven against each other in this series. Meanwhile the Hurricanes wen 4-0 against the Senators, then 4-0 against the Flyers to reach this spot.The result is that Carolina has played nearly half less games as anyone left in the East, and the fewest in the playoffs. It’s a blessing in terms of getting healthy, being rested, and entering the Eastern Conference Finals at 100-percent, but it remains to be seen if the rest could come back to bite the team by interrupting their rhythm. That’s a significant worry, and as dominant as the Canes have seemed, there are also some very real worries.Thus far the team hasn’t seen a lot of production out of its top line. Svechnikov/Aho/Jarvis have been solid, but once again seem to be falling into that all-too-common Carolina trope of stars disappearing in the playoffs. The Hurricanes’ power play has been atrocious as well, 5-for-27 these playoffs after being 24.9% on the season. They’re won on the back of speed, power, and their forecheck — but have yet to be tested in a multi-goal deficit, and still have significant questions in net with Freddie Andersen playing phenomentally well, but being far from a safe bet after a down season in Raleigh.That makes this upcoming Eastern Conference Final an each way bet, and a litmus test on the NHL’s scheduling. There’s no good result to what will happen next. If Carolina comes out and dominates then opposing fans will cry foul of the amount of rest the Canes got in the lead up to this series, if Carolina gets bodied early in the series it will be an indictment on them having too much rest to stay hot in the playoffs. Sprinkle in the drama of this destined to be another Southern hockey vs. legacy cold-weather city matchup and there will be plenty of angst in the ECF.Embrace chaos, because it’s coming on Thursday night.  #Carolina #Hurricanes #coming #historic #rest #NHL #Eastern #Conference #Finals

KBFC 2-1 FCG Highlights, ISL 2025-26: Fallou bags winner as Kerala Blasters beats FC Goa  Kerala Blasters will be the happier of the two sides heading into the break, as it has managed to sustain FC Goa’s threat for most of the half.With a five-man backline while defending, KBFC has stopped the opposition from finding any spaces in behind with a through ball or a cross.Goa, however, should have taken the lead in the closing stage of the half, but Dejan Drazic uncharacteristically sent the ball off target with only the goalkeeper to beat.At the other end, Vibin got KBFC’s best chance of the half, but a good save from Bob stopped the home side from taking the lead.  #KBFC #FCG #Highlights #ISL #Fallou #bags #winner #Kerala #Blasters #beats #Goa

Post Comment