×
Deadspin | Cowboys WR George Pickens signs franchise tag, will make .3M in 2026  Feb 2, 2026; San Francisco, CA, USA; Dallas Cowboys receiver George Pickens during NFC practice at the NFL Flag Fieldhouse at Moscone Center South Building. Mandatory Credit: Kirby Lee-Imagn Images   Dallas Cowboys wide receiver George Pickens officially signed the franchise tag on Wednesday, locking him in for the 2026 season with a guaranteed salary of .3 million.  Pickens, 25, is coming off his first Pro Bowl season in 2025, when he caught 93 passes on 137 targets for 1,429 yards with nine touchdowns — all career bests — in 17 games (15 starts) in his first year with Dallas.  The Cowboys’ front office has said the team is not interested in negotiating a long-term deal with Pickens at this time, nor is it looking to trade him. Pickens, who was set to be a free agent, and Dallas have until the July 15 league deadline to work out a contract extension if the team changes its stance.  “We have no intention of moving George,” Cowboys chief operating officer and co-owner Stephen Jones said in the press conference following Day 1 of the NFL draft last week. “We’re fired up about him signing his (tag), because it means he’s ready to come in here and get to work. … We have zero intention of moving (him).”   Dallas placed the franchise tag on Pickens on Feb. 27, the first time the team had done so since 2022 with tight end Dalton Schultz.  The Steelers selected Pickens in the second round of the 2022 draft out of Georgia and he played his first three seasons in Pittsburgh. Pickens has produced 267 receptions, 4,270 receiving yards and 21 touchdowns in 65 games (55 starts).  Pittsburgh traded him to Dallas on May 7, 2025, with a 2027 sixth-round pick for a 2026 third-round pick (76th overall, quarterback Drew Allar) and a 2027 fifth-round selection.  –Field Level Media    #Deadspin #Cowboys #George #Pickens #signs #franchise #tag #27.3M

Deadspin | Cowboys WR George Pickens signs franchise tag, will make $27.3M in 2026
Deadspin | Cowboys WR George Pickens signs franchise tag, will make .3M in 2026  Feb 2, 2026; San Francisco, CA, USA; Dallas Cowboys receiver George Pickens during NFC practice at the NFL Flag Fieldhouse at Moscone Center South Building. Mandatory Credit: Kirby Lee-Imagn Images   Dallas Cowboys wide receiver George Pickens officially signed the franchise tag on Wednesday, locking him in for the 2026 season with a guaranteed salary of .3 million.  Pickens, 25, is coming off his first Pro Bowl season in 2025, when he caught 93 passes on 137 targets for 1,429 yards with nine touchdowns — all career bests — in 17 games (15 starts) in his first year with Dallas.  The Cowboys’ front office has said the team is not interested in negotiating a long-term deal with Pickens at this time, nor is it looking to trade him. Pickens, who was set to be a free agent, and Dallas have until the July 15 league deadline to work out a contract extension if the team changes its stance.  “We have no intention of moving George,” Cowboys chief operating officer and co-owner Stephen Jones said in the press conference following Day 1 of the NFL draft last week. “We’re fired up about him signing his (tag), because it means he’s ready to come in here and get to work. … We have zero intention of moving (him).”   Dallas placed the franchise tag on Pickens on Feb. 27, the first time the team had done so since 2022 with tight end Dalton Schultz.  The Steelers selected Pickens in the second round of the 2022 draft out of Georgia and he played his first three seasons in Pittsburgh. Pickens has produced 267 receptions, 4,270 receiving yards and 21 touchdowns in 65 games (55 starts).  Pittsburgh traded him to Dallas on May 7, 2025, with a 2027 sixth-round pick for a 2026 third-round pick (76th overall, quarterback Drew Allar) and a 2027 fifth-round selection.  –Field Level Media    #Deadspin #Cowboys #George #Pickens #signs #franchise #tag #27.3MFeb 2, 2026; San Francisco, CA, USA; Dallas Cowboys receiver George Pickens during NFC practice at the NFL Flag Fieldhouse at Moscone Center South Building. Mandatory Credit: Kirby Lee-Imagn Images

Dallas Cowboys wide receiver George Pickens officially signed the franchise tag on Wednesday, locking him in for the 2026 season with a guaranteed salary of $27.3 million.

Pickens, 25, is coming off his first Pro Bowl season in 2025, when he caught 93 passes on 137 targets for 1,429 yards with nine touchdowns — all career bests — in 17 games (15 starts) in his first year with Dallas.

The Cowboys’ front office has said the team is not interested in negotiating a long-term deal with Pickens at this time, nor is it looking to trade him. Pickens, who was set to be a free agent, and Dallas have until the July 15 league deadline to work out a contract extension if the team changes its stance.


“We have no intention of moving George,” Cowboys chief operating officer and co-owner Stephen Jones said in the press conference following Day 1 of the NFL draft last week. “We’re fired up about him signing his (tag), because it means he’s ready to come in here and get to work. … We have zero intention of moving (him).”

Dallas placed the franchise tag on Pickens on Feb. 27, the first time the team had done so since 2022 with tight end Dalton Schultz.

The Steelers selected Pickens in the second round of the 2022 draft out of Georgia and he played his first three seasons in Pittsburgh. Pickens has produced 267 receptions, 4,270 receiving yards and 21 touchdowns in 65 games (55 starts).

Pittsburgh traded him to Dallas on May 7, 2025, with a 2027 sixth-round pick for a 2026 third-round pick (76th overall, quarterback Drew Allar) and a 2027 fifth-round selection.


–Field Level Media

#Deadspin #Cowboys #George #Pickens #signs #franchise #tag #27.3M

Feb 2, 2026; San Francisco, CA, USA; Dallas Cowboys receiver George Pickens during NFC practice at the NFL Flag Fieldhouse at Moscone Center South Building. Mandatory Credit: Kirby Lee-Imagn Images

Dallas Cowboys wide receiver George Pickens officially signed the franchise tag on Wednesday, locking him in for the 2026 season with a guaranteed salary of $27.3 million.

Pickens, 25, is coming off his first Pro Bowl season in 2025, when he caught 93 passes on 137 targets for 1,429 yards with nine touchdowns — all career bests — in 17 games (15 starts) in his first year with Dallas.

The Cowboys’ front office has said the team is not interested in negotiating a long-term deal with Pickens at this time, nor is it looking to trade him. Pickens, who was set to be a free agent, and Dallas have until the July 15 league deadline to work out a contract extension if the team changes its stance.

“We have no intention of moving George,” Cowboys chief operating officer and co-owner Stephen Jones said in the press conference following Day 1 of the NFL draft last week. “We’re fired up about him signing his (tag), because it means he’s ready to come in here and get to work. … We have zero intention of moving (him).”

Dallas placed the franchise tag on Pickens on Feb. 27, the first time the team had done so since 2022 with tight end Dalton Schultz.

The Steelers selected Pickens in the second round of the 2022 draft out of Georgia and he played his first three seasons in Pittsburgh. Pickens has produced 267 receptions, 4,270 receiving yards and 21 touchdowns in 65 games (55 starts).

Pittsburgh traded him to Dallas on May 7, 2025, with a 2027 sixth-round pick for a 2026 third-round pick (76th overall, quarterback Drew Allar) and a 2027 fifth-round selection.

–Field Level Media

Source link
#Deadspin #Cowboys #George #Pickens #signs #franchise #tag #27.3M

Previous post

शादी के एक साल बाद भी नहीं बनाए संबंध: विवाह में करोड़ों खर्च किए, पत्नी ने घर में लगवाए कैमरे; सच देख हिल गई

Next post

GT vs RCB Live Score, IPL 2026: Gujarat Titans welcomes second-placed Royal Challengers Bengaluru at home; Salt fitness in focus <div><p>Rajat Patidar (c), Virat Kohli, Phil Salt, Devdutt Padikkal, Venkatesh Iyer, Jitesh Sharma, Jacob Bethell, Tim David, Romario Shepherd, Krunal Pandya, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Josh Hazlewood, Yash Dayal, Suyash Sharma, Jacob Duffy, Jordan Cox, Nuwan Thushara, Mangesh Yadav, Rasikh Dar Swapnil Singh, Satvik Deswal, Vicky Ostwal, Vihaan Malhotra, Kanishk Chouhan, and Abhinandan Singh.</p></div> #RCB #Live #Score #IPL #Gujarat #Titans #welcomes #secondplaced #Royal #Challengers #Bengaluru #home #Salt #fitness #focus

LSG vs PBKS IPL 2026, LIVE Score: Punjab Kings 125/2 (12); Prabhsimran brings up half-century  Priyansh Arya, Prabhsimran Singh(w), Cooper Connolly, Shreyas Iyer(c), Suryansh Shedge, Marcus Stoinis, Shashank Singh, Azmatullah Omarzai, Harpreet Brar, Lockie Ferguson, Arshdeep Singh, Yuzvendra Chahal, Xavier Bartlett, Vishnu Vinod, Musheer Khan, Praveen Dubey, Ben Dwarshuis, Marco Jansen, Mitchell Owen, Vijaykumar Vyshak, Yash Thakur, Nehal Wadhera, Harnoor Singh, Pyla Avinash, Vishal Nishad  #LSG #PBKS #IPL #LIVE #Score #Punjab #Kings #Prabhsimran #brings #halfcentury
Deadspin | Report: Out-of-form Gio Reyna makes U.S. World Cup roster  Nov 18, 2025; Tampa, Florida, USA; United States midfielder Gio Reyna (7) and Uruguay midfielder Emiliano Martinez (15) battle for the ball in the second half during an international friendly at Raymond James Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Nathan Ray Seebeck-Imagn Images   The biggest question leading up to the announcement of the United States’ World Cup roster apparently was answered on Friday when The Athletic reported that Gio Reyna made the squad.  Reyna, 23, is a skillful playmaker, but his extensive injury history, lack of form at the club level and past attitude issues with the national team make him a controversial choice by coach Mauricio Pochettino.  In the current season, Reyna made only four starts and appeared in just 19 games for Borussia Monchengladbach. He managed just one goal and no assists.  He played the prior six seasons for Borussia Dortmund in Germany (along with a brief loan spell with Nottingham Forest in England). After starting 23 times and logging four goals and five assists for Dortmund in 2020-21, Reyna saw his playing time greatly limited due to injuries in ensuing years.  Reyna has nine goals in 36 games for the U.S. men’s national team, but his greatest domestic fame might have come as a result of his lack of playing time at the 2022 World Cup. He reportedly was nearly kicked off the squad due to his reaction to being a reserve.   The other big surprise regarding the reported U.S. roster is the absence of Real Salt Lake midfielder Diego Luna. In 18 national-team appearances, the 22-year-old has four goals. He is known for his gritty approach, personified by him staying in a friendly last year against Costa Rica despite breaking his nose.  Players who were on the bubble but did make the U.S. squad, according the report, were Vancouver Whitecaps midfielder Sebastian Berhalter, New England Revolution goalkeeper Matt Turner, Toulouse (France) center back Mark McKenzie and Leeds United (England) winger Brenden Aaronson.  Berhalter, 25, is the son of ex-USMNT coach Gregg Berhalter.  Pochettino is scheduled to reveal the 26-man roster at a Tuesday event in New York.  –Field Level Media    #Deadspin #Report #Outofform #Gio #Reyna #U.S #World #Cup #rosterNov 18, 2025; Tampa, Florida, USA; United States midfielder Gio Reyna (7) and Uruguay midfielder Emiliano Martinez (15) battle for the ball in the second half during an international friendly at Raymond James Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Nathan Ray Seebeck-Imagn Images

The biggest question leading up to the announcement of the United States’ World Cup roster apparently was answered on Friday when The Athletic reported that Gio Reyna made the squad.

Reyna, 23, is a skillful playmaker, but his extensive injury history, lack of form at the club level and past attitude issues with the national team make him a controversial choice by coach Mauricio Pochettino.

In the current season, Reyna made only four starts and appeared in just 19 games for Borussia Monchengladbach. He managed just one goal and no assists.

He played the prior six seasons for Borussia Dortmund in Germany (along with a brief loan spell with Nottingham Forest in England). After starting 23 times and logging four goals and five assists for Dortmund in 2020-21, Reyna saw his playing time greatly limited due to injuries in ensuing years.


Reyna has nine goals in 36 games for the U.S. men’s national team, but his greatest domestic fame might have come as a result of his lack of playing time at the 2022 World Cup. He reportedly was nearly kicked off the squad due to his reaction to being a reserve.

The other big surprise regarding the reported U.S. roster is the absence of Real Salt Lake midfielder Diego Luna. In 18 national-team appearances, the 22-year-old has four goals. He is known for his gritty approach, personified by him staying in a friendly last year against Costa Rica despite breaking his nose.

Players who were on the bubble but did make the U.S. squad, according the report, were Vancouver Whitecaps midfielder Sebastian Berhalter, New England Revolution goalkeeper Matt Turner, Toulouse (France) center back Mark McKenzie and Leeds United (England) winger Brenden Aaronson.

Berhalter, 25, is the son of ex-USMNT coach Gregg Berhalter.

Pochettino is scheduled to reveal the 26-man roster at a Tuesday event in New York.


–Field Level Media

#Deadspin #Report #Outofform #Gio #Reyna #U.S #World #Cup #roster">Deadspin | Report: Out-of-form Gio Reyna makes U.S. World Cup roster  Nov 18, 2025; Tampa, Florida, USA; United States midfielder Gio Reyna (7) and Uruguay midfielder Emiliano Martinez (15) battle for the ball in the second half during an international friendly at Raymond James Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Nathan Ray Seebeck-Imagn Images   The biggest question leading up to the announcement of the United States’ World Cup roster apparently was answered on Friday when The Athletic reported that Gio Reyna made the squad.  Reyna, 23, is a skillful playmaker, but his extensive injury history, lack of form at the club level and past attitude issues with the national team make him a controversial choice by coach Mauricio Pochettino.  In the current season, Reyna made only four starts and appeared in just 19 games for Borussia Monchengladbach. He managed just one goal and no assists.  He played the prior six seasons for Borussia Dortmund in Germany (along with a brief loan spell with Nottingham Forest in England). After starting 23 times and logging four goals and five assists for Dortmund in 2020-21, Reyna saw his playing time greatly limited due to injuries in ensuing years.  Reyna has nine goals in 36 games for the U.S. men’s national team, but his greatest domestic fame might have come as a result of his lack of playing time at the 2022 World Cup. He reportedly was nearly kicked off the squad due to his reaction to being a reserve.   The other big surprise regarding the reported U.S. roster is the absence of Real Salt Lake midfielder Diego Luna. In 18 national-team appearances, the 22-year-old has four goals. He is known for his gritty approach, personified by him staying in a friendly last year against Costa Rica despite breaking his nose.  Players who were on the bubble but did make the U.S. squad, according the report, were Vancouver Whitecaps midfielder Sebastian Berhalter, New England Revolution goalkeeper Matt Turner, Toulouse (France) center back Mark McKenzie and Leeds United (England) winger Brenden Aaronson.  Berhalter, 25, is the son of ex-USMNT coach Gregg Berhalter.  Pochettino is scheduled to reveal the 26-man roster at a Tuesday event in New York.  –Field Level Media    #Deadspin #Report #Outofform #Gio #Reyna #U.S #World #Cup #roster

Post Comment