×
RR vs DC, IPL 2026: Starc returns as Delhi Capitals looks to rescue season against Rajasthan Royals  About 300 kilometres separate Delhi and Jaipur. The difference in quality of the cricket played by the franchises from the two northern Indian cities has been greater in IPL 2026.While Rajasthan Royals is well placed to claim a berth in the playoffs, Delhi Capitals is lying in the bottom half of the table. And after a nightmare of a match at home against Royal Challengers Bengaluru earlier this week, Axar Patel’s men have to come up with a much better effort against Royals at the Sawai Mansingh Stadium here on Friday.Lightning usually doesn’t strike twice, and Capitals’ batting lineup is strong enough not to collapse for another score like 75. In just the previous match, K.L. Rahul alone had made more than double that total. Capitals made in excess of 260 against Punjab Kings but still lost.When you cannot defend that big a score in one game and then get bowled out for an embarrassingly low total in the next, you certainly have to do something. And time is running out.WATCH: VIDEO | ‘T20 cricket today is driven by entertainment,’ says SRH spin-bowling coach MuralitharanDelhi should be hoping for another major innings from Rahul, and from Nitish Rana, too. The two men had destroyed the PBKS bowling in some style.On the bowling front, there is some good news. Mitchell Starc is available for the first time this season. The left-arm quick from Down Under will no doubt bolster the attack that received a setback through Lungi Ngdi’s fall during the match against Punjab.How Vaibhav Suryanvashi greets Starc is definitely worth looking forward to. The prodigy’s fearless batting has perhaps been the highlight of this IPL. Into just his second season, he already has two hundreds. His opening partner Yashasvi Jaiswal and Dhruv Jurel also ensure runs at the top of the order.As for bowling, you cannot hope for many better men than Jofra Archer to lead.Published on Apr 30, 2026  #IPL #Starc #returns #Delhi #Capitals #rescue #season #Rajasthan #Royals

RR vs DC, IPL 2026: Starc returns as Delhi Capitals looks to rescue season against Rajasthan Royals

About 300 kilometres separate Delhi and Jaipur. The difference in quality of the cricket played by the franchises from the two northern Indian cities has been greater in IPL 2026.

While Rajasthan Royals is well placed to claim a berth in the playoffs, Delhi Capitals is lying in the bottom half of the table. And after a nightmare of a match at home against Royal Challengers Bengaluru earlier this week, Axar Patel’s men have to come up with a much better effort against Royals at the Sawai Mansingh Stadium here on Friday.

Lightning usually doesn’t strike twice, and Capitals’ batting lineup is strong enough not to collapse for another score like 75. In just the previous match, K.L. Rahul alone had made more than double that total. Capitals made in excess of 260 against Punjab Kings but still lost.

When you cannot defend that big a score in one game and then get bowled out for an embarrassingly low total in the next, you certainly have to do something. And time is running out.

WATCH: VIDEO | ‘T20 cricket today is driven by entertainment,’ says SRH spin-bowling coach Muralitharan

Delhi should be hoping for another major innings from Rahul, and from Nitish Rana, too. The two men had destroyed the PBKS bowling in some style.

On the bowling front, there is some good news. Mitchell Starc is available for the first time this season. The left-arm quick from Down Under will no doubt bolster the attack that received a setback through Lungi Ngdi’s fall during the match against Punjab.

How Vaibhav Suryanvashi greets Starc is definitely worth looking forward to. The prodigy’s fearless batting has perhaps been the highlight of this IPL. Into just his second season, he already has two hundreds. His opening partner Yashasvi Jaiswal and Dhruv Jurel also ensure runs at the top of the order.

As for bowling, you cannot hope for many better men than Jofra Archer to lead.

Published on Apr 30, 2026

#IPL #Starc #returns #Delhi #Capitals #rescue #season #Rajasthan #Royals

About 300 kilometres separate Delhi and Jaipur. The difference in quality of the cricket played by the franchises from the two northern Indian cities has been greater in IPL 2026.

While Rajasthan Royals is well placed to claim a berth in the playoffs, Delhi Capitals is lying in the bottom half of the table. And after a nightmare of a match at home against Royal Challengers Bengaluru earlier this week, Axar Patel’s men have to come up with a much better effort against Royals at the Sawai Mansingh Stadium here on Friday.

Lightning usually doesn’t strike twice, and Capitals’ batting lineup is strong enough not to collapse for another score like 75. In just the previous match, K.L. Rahul alone had made more than double that total. Capitals made in excess of 260 against Punjab Kings but still lost.

When you cannot defend that big a score in one game and then get bowled out for an embarrassingly low total in the next, you certainly have to do something. And time is running out.

WATCH: VIDEO | ‘T20 cricket today is driven by entertainment,’ says SRH spin-bowling coach Muralitharan

Delhi should be hoping for another major innings from Rahul, and from Nitish Rana, too. The two men had destroyed the PBKS bowling in some style.

On the bowling front, there is some good news. Mitchell Starc is available for the first time this season. The left-arm quick from Down Under will no doubt bolster the attack that received a setback through Lungi Ngdi’s fall during the match against Punjab.

How Vaibhav Suryanvashi greets Starc is definitely worth looking forward to. The prodigy’s fearless batting has perhaps been the highlight of this IPL. Into just his second season, he already has two hundreds. His opening partner Yashasvi Jaiswal and Dhruv Jurel also ensure runs at the top of the order.

As for bowling, you cannot hope for many better men than Jofra Archer to lead.

Published on Apr 30, 2026

Source link
#IPL #Starc #returns #Delhi #Capitals #rescue #season #Rajasthan #Royals

Previous post

GT vs RCB: विराट ने एक ही ओवर में जड़े लगातार पांच चौके, इस लिस्ट में संयुक्त रूप से नंबर एक बने कोहली

Next post

Deadspin | Reports: LIV Golf players in scramble mode with PIF funding to expire <div id=""><section id="0" class=" w-full"><div class="xl:container mx-0 !px-4 py-0 pb-4 !mx-0 !px-0"><img src="https://images.deadspin.com/tr:w-900/25827245.jpg" srcset="https://images.deadspin.com/tr:w-900/25827245.jpg" alt="Syndication: Palm Beach Post" class="w-full" fetchpriority="high" loading="eager"/><span class="text-0.8 leading-tight">From left front, Joaquin Niemann, Bubba Watson, Patrick Reed, Bryson Dechambeau, Phil Mickelson, Jon Rahm, Sergio Garcia, Charl Schwartzel, Dustin Johnson, Brooks Koepka, Cam Smith and Tyrell Hatton at media day ahead of LIV Golf Miami at Trump National Doral Miami on April 2, 2025.<!-- --> <!-- --> </span></div></section><section id="section-1"> <p>If LIV Golf cannot come up with funding to sustain all elements of operation beyond 2026, the obvious question becomes where do the likes of Bryson DeChambeau, Jon Rahm and Talor Gooch tee it up in 2027?</p> </section><section id="section-2"> <p>According to multiple reports, the PGA Tour and DP World Tour are “listening” to players who reach out about shifting circuits. The PGA Tour already has welcomed back Brooks Koepka and Patrick Reed with tour-mandated stipulations accepted by both players as terms of their return. </p> </section><section id="section-3"> <p>Golf Digest reported several LIV player reps have been in contact with PGA Tour officials with their future clouded by the financial impact of the Saudi Arabia Public Investment Fund divesting in the breakaway league at the end of the season.</p> </section><section id="section-4"> <p>LIV Golf CEO Scott O’Neil said during the Mexico City event there is urgency in restructuring a sustainable model to move forward.</p> </section><section id="section-5"> <p>“The reality is you’re funded through the season and then you work like crazy as a business to create a business and a business plan to keep us going,” O’Neil said. “But that’s not different from any other private equity-funded business in the history of man.”</p> </section><section id="section-6"> <p>If initial efforts stall or fail, the queue out of LIV Golf could form quickly, presuming the prized golfers on the circuit find a suitable landing spot. </p> </section><section id="section-7"> <p>Dustin Johnson, Phil Mickelson and DeChambeau were among early defectors away from the PGA Tour to LIV. Rahm, openly anti-LIV initially, would later join the circuit on a massive payday. </p> </section><br/><section id="section-8"> <p>DeChambeau, Cameron Smith and Rahm reportedly turned down the opportunity to return to the PGA Tour earlier this year. </p> </section> <section id="section-9"> <p>But the majority of the funding came from PIF, and that well is being turned off at the end of the current season. </p> </section><section id="section-10"> <p>The PIF provided LIV a $5 billion bankroll, but the league has reportedly lost millions of dollars every year. Earlier this month, Yasir Al-Rumayyan, PIF’s governor and LIV’s main financial backer, shared a plan for the kingdom to cut back on international investments and focus on more domestic projects. Al-Rumayyan is expected to make his resignation as LIV chairman official as soon as Thursday.</p> </section><section id="section-11"> <p>According to MSN.com, some LIV players have reached out to the DP World Tour.</p> </section><section id="section-12"> <p>“At the moment, we’re in the mode of just listening because we don’t know any more than anyone else does”, DP World Tour chief executive Guy Kinnings told MSN. “But we’ll listen and we’ll make sure that we’re fully informed before we make the decisions that we need to do. But for sure, there are people who are concerned and we will be having conversations with them at the right time.”</p> </section><section id="section-13"> <p>PGA Tour CEO Brian Rolapp established a short-term option for players to rejoin the tour. The “Returning Member Program” was created as a pathway for players who had been away from the tour for at least two years and who had won either the Players Championship or any of the four major championships from 2022 to 2025. Players had until Feb. 2 to accept the offer. </p> </section><section id="section-14"> <p>The terms of rejoining the Tour likely are to be heavily tilted to the PGA’s favor for anyone associated with the antitrust lawsuit against the PGA Tour. DeChambeau was a prominent and vocal part of the suit. </p> </section><section id="section-15"> <p>–Field Level Media</p> </section></div> #Deadspin #Reports #LIV #Golf #players #scramble #mode #PIF #funding #expire

#WNBA #players #waived #week #doesnt">3 WNBA players were waived this week, but it doesn’t mean that’s the end  There are more roster spots in the WNBA than ever before — more than 200, to be exact.That’s in large part due to league expansion; with the addition of the Portland Fire and Toronto Tempo this season, the league has a record 15 teams. And, alongside 12 standard roster spots, each team has two developmental player slots, as agreed upon in the latest CBA.Still, with an influx of overseas talent coming to the WNBA in addition to droves of elite college players, holding on to a roster spot remains difficult for those who are on the fringe. As such, even two weeks into the season, good players are getting waived every day.Since Monday, three players have been waived: Grace Vanslooten by the Seattle Storm, Ashten Prechtel by the Golden State Valkyries, and Aubrey Griffin by the New York Liberty. Vanslooter was a 2026 third-round pick after a standout career at Notre Dame. Prechtel was a 2023 third-round pick who won an NCAA championship with Stanford. And, Griffin was selected in the third round of the 2025 draft out of UConn.Before those three cuts, the Phoenix Mercury waived Anneli Maley and Peyton Williams, the Connecticut Sun waived Shey Peddy, and the Portland Fire waived Jordan Harrison.Sometimes, these cuts are expected: players signed hardship contracts in the wake of injuries and knew that their tenures would likely be temporary. Other times, cuts seemingly come out of left field; Kate Martin, who was waived by the Valkyries after training camp (and after being a rotation player for the team last season) is an example.And, getting cut isn’t always a death sentence. There’s a long list of players who were waived by a WNBA team, only to eventually blossom elsewhere. That list includes Veronica Burton, who was waived by the Dallas Wings two years ago before becoming an elite two-way point guard for the Valkyries last season. It also includes veteran players like Erica Wheeler and Alysha Clark, who were cut early in their careers. That didn’t stop either: Wheeler has played 11 seasons, and Clark has played 14. Both are some of the league’s most established vets.Players who get cut might look to go overseas in the meantime, or they might try to find a home elsewhere (Hailey Van Lith was recently cut by the Chicago Sky, and immediately joined the Connecticut Sun).For some, it’s the end of the road. For others, it’s just the beginning.  #WNBA #players #waived #week #doesnt

Post Comment