×
Arteta rules out Saka for Arsenal vs Manchester City clash  Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta said winger Noni Madueke has responded well after being forced off in Wednesday’s Champions League ​tie against Sporting and could be available for Sunday’s crucial Premier League ‌clash at Manchester City.Arsenal is six points ahead of ​second-placed City, which has a game in hand. ⁠Despite a 2-1 loss at home to Bournemouth last week, Arteta said his side remain confident, even with winger Bukayo Saka and midfielder Mikel Merino ‌sidelined.Saka has not played since the League Cup final defeat by City last month, while Merino has been ‌sidelined since undergoing foot surgery in February.“Bukayo is out, that’s ‌for ⁠sure, Mikel is out as well,” Arteta told reporters ⁠on Friday. “We have another training session tomorrow. Madueke is quite positive, and he is a player who pushes through pain. I’m hopeful he can be available ​but we’ll see if he’s ‌able to train.“Saka is just starting to do some stuff. Let’s see that progression and how quickly we can go through.”Arteta said Arsenal will assess several players who have missed recent ‌matches, including Martin Odegaard, Jurrien Timber and Riccardo Calafiori, as it looks to bolster the squad for the weekend.ALSO READ | If Manchester City loses, ‘it’s over’, says Pep Guardiola ahead of Arsenal Premier League title showdown“Some players are quite close. The turnaround time is ⁠short. We will try tomorrow to push everybody,” added the Spaniard. “If they are in good condition, they will be part of us. If ‌they are not, they won’t.“We will have a solution, whatever happens. We are so used to this, this season.”Arteta also suggested 16-year-old Max Dowman, who became the Premier League’s youngest scorer in March, could feature.“He will be ready, I am sure. You throw him in any context and this kid, you know what ‌he will be delivering,” he said.Arsenal is chasing its first Premier League title ​in 22 years, and Arteta stressed the importance of getting all three points on Sunday to keep its ⁠title bid on track.“It is certainly the most important game, as it ⁠is the next one. We have earned the right to be in this position, to be challenging,” he said.“We ‌are not going to spend one second about that (playing for a draw). We prepare every game to win and that ​is why we are where we are.”Published on Apr 17, 2026  #Arteta #rules #Saka #Arsenal #Manchester #City #clash

Arteta rules out Saka for Arsenal vs Manchester City clash

Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta said winger Noni Madueke has responded well after being forced off in Wednesday’s Champions League ​tie against Sporting and could be available for Sunday’s crucial Premier League ‌clash at Manchester City.

Arsenal is six points ahead of ​second-placed City, which has a game in hand. ⁠Despite a 2-1 loss at home to Bournemouth last week, Arteta said his side remain confident, even with winger Bukayo Saka and midfielder Mikel Merino ‌sidelined.

Saka has not played since the League Cup final defeat by City last month, while Merino has been ‌sidelined since undergoing foot surgery in February.

“Bukayo is out, that’s ‌for ⁠sure, Mikel is out as well,” Arteta told reporters ⁠on Friday. “We have another training session tomorrow. Madueke is quite positive, and he is a player who pushes through pain. I’m hopeful he can be available ​but we’ll see if he’s ‌able to train.

“Saka is just starting to do some stuff. Let’s see that progression and how quickly we can go through.”

Arteta said Arsenal will assess several players who have missed recent ‌matches, including Martin Odegaard, Jurrien Timber and Riccardo Calafiori, as it looks to bolster the squad for the weekend.

ALSO READ | If Manchester City loses, ‘it’s over’, says Pep Guardiola ahead of Arsenal Premier League title showdown

“Some players are quite close. The turnaround time is ⁠short. We will try tomorrow to push everybody,” added the Spaniard. “If they are in good condition, they will be part of us. If ‌they are not, they won’t.

“We will have a solution, whatever happens. We are so used to this, this season.”

Arteta also suggested 16-year-old Max Dowman, who became the Premier League’s youngest scorer in March, could feature.

“He will be ready, I am sure. You throw him in any context and this kid, you know what ‌he will be delivering,” he said.

Arsenal is chasing its first Premier League title ​in 22 years, and Arteta stressed the importance of getting all three points on Sunday to keep its ⁠title bid on track.

“It is certainly the most important game, as it ⁠is the next one. We have earned the right to be in this position, to be challenging,” he said.

“We ‌are not going to spend one second about that (playing for a draw). We prepare every game to win and that ​is why we are where we are.”

Published on Apr 17, 2026

#Arteta #rules #Saka #Arsenal #Manchester #City #clash

Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta said winger Noni Madueke has responded well after being forced off in Wednesday’s Champions League ​tie against Sporting and could be available for Sunday’s crucial Premier League ‌clash at Manchester City.

Arsenal is six points ahead of ​second-placed City, which has a game in hand. ⁠Despite a 2-1 loss at home to Bournemouth last week, Arteta said his side remain confident, even with winger Bukayo Saka and midfielder Mikel Merino ‌sidelined.

Saka has not played since the League Cup final defeat by City last month, while Merino has been ‌sidelined since undergoing foot surgery in February.

“Bukayo is out, that’s ‌for ⁠sure, Mikel is out as well,” Arteta told reporters ⁠on Friday. “We have another training session tomorrow. Madueke is quite positive, and he is a player who pushes through pain. I’m hopeful he can be available ​but we’ll see if he’s ‌able to train.

“Saka is just starting to do some stuff. Let’s see that progression and how quickly we can go through.”

Arteta said Arsenal will assess several players who have missed recent ‌matches, including Martin Odegaard, Jurrien Timber and Riccardo Calafiori, as it looks to bolster the squad for the weekend.

ALSO READ | If Manchester City loses, ‘it’s over’, says Pep Guardiola ahead of Arsenal Premier League title showdown

“Some players are quite close. The turnaround time is ⁠short. We will try tomorrow to push everybody,” added the Spaniard. “If they are in good condition, they will be part of us. If ‌they are not, they won’t.

“We will have a solution, whatever happens. We are so used to this, this season.”

Arteta also suggested 16-year-old Max Dowman, who became the Premier League’s youngest scorer in March, could feature.

“He will be ready, I am sure. You throw him in any context and this kid, you know what ‌he will be delivering,” he said.

Arsenal is chasing its first Premier League title ​in 22 years, and Arteta stressed the importance of getting all three points on Sunday to keep its ⁠title bid on track.

“It is certainly the most important game, as it ⁠is the next one. We have earned the right to be in this position, to be challenging,” he said.

“We ‌are not going to spend one second about that (playing for a draw). We prepare every game to win and that ​is why we are where we are.”

Published on Apr 17, 2026

Source link
#Arteta #rules #Saka #Arsenal #Manchester #City #clash

When I arrived to cover the Minnesota Vikings for the St. Paul Pioneer Press in 2000, it was clear I was dealing with a star-studded roster.

The team boasted future Pro Football Hall of Famers; wide receivers Cris Carter and Randy Moss and defensive tackle John Randle. Plus, there were a ton of other stars including quarterback Daunte Culpepper, center Matt Birk and running back Robert Smith. The Vikings were loaded with star power.

The talent around the team wasn’t relegated simply to the roster, however.

That summer I first laid my eyes on a 16-year-old high school junior named Larry Fitzgerald Jr. The son of a local media member and close friend of Vikings’ head coach Dennis Green, Little Fitzy was a ball boy during training camp and on game days. It turns out, Larry Fitzgerald Jr. is very likely the most famous former NFL ball boy in history.

On reporting date, fellow reporter Kevin Seifert pointed out Fitzgerald to me and said “that’s a bad man.” Seifert didn’t say that about any of the actual Vikings that day.

Fitzgerald was already known as the best Minnesota high school prospect in years and he was considered one of the best high school players in the country. Seifert told me the buzz was that the kid was, no doubt, headed to the NFL in a half decade or so. Seifert was on the money. I’m not sure the Hall of Fame was mentioned or not.

But this weekend of course, that’s exactly where Little Fitzy is headed. He will be enshrined into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton, Ohio, on Saturday as a first-ballot Hall of Famer.

Fitzgerald will be remembered as one of the best and most productive wide receivers in league history after an incredible 17-season career with the Arizona Cardinals.

I have a ton of memories of being around Fitzgerald, but there’s one that stands out among them all.

One day after training camp, a nameless Vikings’ wide receiver camp body was getting extra work on a JUGS machine, catching balls. He was being tutored by Fitzgerald, who was showing this player how to properly approach the incoming ball. This was a child instructing a grown man an NFL team deemed good enough to attend training camp.

Larry Fitzgerald Jr. was special even back then.

In addition to his incredible natural football ability, Larry Fitzgerald Jr. stood out for his politeness and good nature. You could tell he was a good kid from the first time you met him.

There was no I’m-going-to-be-a-star attitude. He was genuine and he worked his tail off with the rest of the ball boys. There was no entitlement. It was as if he was using his time around an NFL camp as an internship for his future. He passed with flying colors.

I’ve always cherished following his career from his days at Pittsburgh in college to his days of dominating the NFL and I’ve enjoyed running into him over the years now and again.

Enjoy Canton, Little Fitzy, you’ve earned it.

#Larry #Fitzgeralds #Hall #Fame #induction #years #making">Larry Fitzgerald’s Hall of Fame induction is 25 years in the making  When I arrived to cover the Minnesota Vikings for the St. Paul Pioneer Press in 2000, it was clear I was dealing with a star-studded roster.The team boasted future Pro Football Hall of Famers; wide receivers Cris Carter and Randy Moss and defensive tackle John Randle. Plus, there were a ton of other stars including quarterback Daunte Culpepper, center Matt Birk and running back Robert Smith. The Vikings were loaded with star power.The talent around the team wasn’t relegated simply to the roster, however.That summer I first laid my eyes on a 16-year-old high school junior named Larry Fitzgerald Jr. The son of a local media member and close friend of Vikings’ head coach Dennis Green, Little Fitzy was a ball boy during training camp and on game days. It turns out, Larry Fitzgerald Jr. is very likely the most famous former NFL ball boy in history.On reporting date, fellow reporter Kevin Seifert pointed out Fitzgerald to me and said “that’s a bad man.” Seifert didn’t say that about any of the actual Vikings that day.Fitzgerald was already known as the best Minnesota high school prospect in years and he was considered one of the best high school players in the country. Seifert told me the buzz was that the kid was, no doubt, headed to the NFL in a half decade or so. Seifert was on the money. I’m not sure the Hall of Fame was mentioned or not.But this weekend of course, that’s exactly where Little Fitzy is headed. He will be enshrined into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton, Ohio, on Saturday as a first-ballot Hall of Famer.Fitzgerald will be remembered as one of the best and most productive wide receivers in league history after an incredible 17-season career with the Arizona Cardinals.I have a ton of memories of being around Fitzgerald, but there’s one that stands out among them all.One day after training camp, a nameless Vikings’ wide receiver camp body was getting extra work on a JUGS machine, catching balls. He was being tutored by Fitzgerald, who was showing this player how to properly approach the incoming ball. This was a child instructing a grown man an NFL team deemed good enough to attend training camp.Larry Fitzgerald Jr. was special even back then.In addition to his incredible natural football ability, Larry Fitzgerald Jr. stood out for his politeness and good nature. You could tell he was a good kid from the first time you met him.There was no I’m-going-to-be-a-star attitude. He was genuine and he worked his tail off with the rest of the ball boys. There was no entitlement. It was as if he was using his time around an NFL camp as an internship for his future. He passed with flying colors.I’ve always cherished following his career from his days at Pittsburgh in college to his days of dominating the NFL and I’ve enjoyed running into him over the years now and again.Enjoy Canton, Little Fitzy, you’ve earned it.  #Larry #Fitzgeralds #Hall #Fame #induction #years #making

Follow Sportstar for extensive coverage of the tenth edition of the TNPL, from live scores and match reports to exclusive analysis and features.

TOSS

Tiruppur Tamizhans won the toss and chose to bowl first.

PLAYING XIs

Nellai Royal Kings: Athish SR(w), D Santhosh Kumar, Ajitesh Guruswamy, U Mukilesh, Rithik Easwaran, Sonu Yadav(c), Muhammed Adnan Khan, Ramalingam Rohit, Emmanuel Cherian, NS Harish, Rocky Bhasker

Tiruppur Tamizhans: Tushar Raheja(w), Amit Sathvik, Pradosh Ranjan Paul, Mohamed Ali, Uthirasamy Sasidev, Ravisrinivasan Sai Kishore(c), M Mathivannan, S Mohan Prasath, R Silambarasan, Esakkimuthu A, T Natarajan

Published on Aug 09, 2026

#TNPL #Live #Allround #batting #display #propels #Nellai #Royal #Kings">TNPL 2026 Live: All-round batting display propels Nellai Royal Kings to 206/8  Follow Sportstar for extensive coverage of the tenth edition of the TNPL, from live scores and match reports to exclusive analysis and features.TOSSTiruppur Tamizhans won the toss and chose to bowl first.PLAYING XIsNellai Royal Kings: Athish SR(w), D Santhosh Kumar, Ajitesh Guruswamy, U Mukilesh, Rithik Easwaran, Sonu Yadav(c), Muhammed Adnan Khan, Ramalingam Rohit, Emmanuel Cherian, NS Harish, Rocky BhaskerTiruppur Tamizhans: Tushar Raheja(w), Amit Sathvik, Pradosh Ranjan Paul, Mohamed Ali, Uthirasamy Sasidev, Ravisrinivasan Sai Kishore(c), M Mathivannan, S Mohan Prasath, R Silambarasan, Esakkimuthu A, T NatarajanPublished on Aug 09, 2026  #TNPL #Live #Allround #batting #display #propels #Nellai #Royal #Kings

Post Comment