×
WSL: Chelsea manager Bompastor calls for goal-line technology after Sam Kerr’s goal is disallowed  Chelsea manager Sonia Bompastor renewed calls for goal-line technology ​to be introduced in the ‌Women’s Super League (WSL) after replays showed ​striker Sam Kerr should ⁠have been awarded a third goal in Sunday’s 4-1 win over Everton.Australian ‌Kerr was on a hat-trick when her header bounced onto ‌the post and rolled ‌over ⁠the line before being cleared ⁠by Everton goalkeeper Courtney Brosnan.“I think it just shows again, we need to ​have the technology ‌next season in this league,” Bompastor told reporters.“We won the game by a three-goal difference so ‌it didn’t create a lot ​of conversations, but if we had been in a ⁠situation where the goal-difference at the end of the season would ‌have been important, then this goal is something I would have been really upset about.”The Women’s Super League did not immediately respond to a request for comment ‌made outside normal UK business hours.Kerr ​remains tied with Fran Kirby as Chelsea’s leading scorer in ⁠the WSL with 63 goals.Chelsea, which is six points behind Manchester City with two games ‌to play, travels to Leicester City next on Sunday.Published on Apr 27, 2026  #WSL #Chelsea #manager #Bompastor #calls #goalline #technology #Sam #Kerrs #goal #disallowed

WSL: Chelsea manager Bompastor calls for goal-line technology after Sam Kerr’s goal is disallowed

Chelsea manager Sonia Bompastor renewed calls for goal-line technology ​to be introduced in the ‌Women’s Super League (WSL) after replays showed ​striker Sam Kerr should ⁠have been awarded a third goal in Sunday’s 4-1 win over Everton.

Australian ‌Kerr was on a hat-trick when her header bounced onto ‌the post and rolled ‌over ⁠the line before being cleared ⁠by Everton goalkeeper Courtney Brosnan.

“I think it just shows again, we need to ​have the technology ‌next season in this league,” Bompastor told reporters.

“We won the game by a three-goal difference so ‌it didn’t create a lot ​of conversations, but if we had been in a ⁠situation where the goal-difference at the end of the season would ‌have been important, then this goal is something I would have been really upset about.”

The Women’s Super League did not immediately respond to a request for comment ‌made outside normal UK business hours.

Kerr ​remains tied with Fran Kirby as Chelsea’s leading scorer in ⁠the WSL with 63 goals.

Chelsea, which is six points behind Manchester City with two games ‌to play, travels to Leicester City next on Sunday.

Published on Apr 27, 2026

#WSL #Chelsea #manager #Bompastor #calls #goalline #technology #Sam #Kerrs #goal #disallowed

Chelsea manager Sonia Bompastor renewed calls for goal-line technology ​to be introduced in the ‌Women’s Super League (WSL) after replays showed ​striker Sam Kerr should ⁠have been awarded a third goal in Sunday’s 4-1 win over Everton.

Australian ‌Kerr was on a hat-trick when her header bounced onto ‌the post and rolled ‌over ⁠the line before being cleared ⁠by Everton goalkeeper Courtney Brosnan.

“I think it just shows again, we need to ​have the technology ‌next season in this league,” Bompastor told reporters.

“We won the game by a three-goal difference so ‌it didn’t create a lot ​of conversations, but if we had been in a ⁠situation where the goal-difference at the end of the season would ‌have been important, then this goal is something I would have been really upset about.”

The Women’s Super League did not immediately respond to a request for comment ‌made outside normal UK business hours.

Kerr ​remains tied with Fran Kirby as Chelsea’s leading scorer in ⁠the WSL with 63 goals.

Chelsea, which is six points behind Manchester City with two games ‌to play, travels to Leicester City next on Sunday.

Published on Apr 27, 2026

Source link
#WSL #Chelsea #manager #Bompastor #calls #goalline #technology #Sam #Kerrs #goal #disallowed

Deadspin | Mets add RHP Daniel Duarte, move A.J. Minter to 60-day IL  Feb 18, 2026; Port St. Lucie, FL, USA;  New York Mets pitcher Daniel Duarte (54) throws a pitch during spring training workouts at Clover Park. Mandatory Credit: Reinhold Matay-Imagn Images   The New York Mets selected the contract of right-hander Daniel Duarte on Monday after right-hander Joey Gerber was optioned to Triple-A Syracuse on Sunday.  To free up a spot on the 40-man roster for Duarte, left-hander A.J. Minter was moved to the 60-day injured list. Minter continues to recover from a left lat strain and left hip discomfort.  Duarte, 29, has 36 career major league relief appearances, compiling a 3.99 ERA from 2022-24 with the Cincinnati Reds and Minnesota Twins. He was 0-1 with a 2.60 ERA in 12 appearances (four starts) at Syracuse after making two appearances with Mexico at this spring’s World Baseball Classic.   Gerber, 29, pitched two scoreless innings against the Los Angeles Dodgers on April 13 in his only major league appearance this season. He was recalled on Friday but did not pitch over the weekend against the New York Yankees.  Minter, 32, had lat surgery in 2025 and experienced hip discomfort at spring training that landed him on the injured list to start the season. He has a 3.12 ERA in nine minor league rehab outings for three separate clubs.  –Field Level Media    #Deadspin #Mets #add #RHP #Daniel #Duarte #move #A.J #Minter #60dayFeb 18, 2026; Port St. Lucie, FL, USA; New York Mets pitcher Daniel Duarte (54) throws a pitch during spring training workouts at Clover Park. Mandatory Credit: Reinhold Matay-Imagn Images

The New York Mets selected the contract of right-hander Daniel Duarte on Monday after right-hander Joey Gerber was optioned to Triple-A Syracuse on Sunday.

To free up a spot on the 40-man roster for Duarte, left-hander A.J. Minter was moved to the 60-day injured list. Minter continues to recover from a left lat strain and left hip discomfort.


Duarte, 29, has 36 career major league relief appearances, compiling a 3.99 ERA from 2022-24 with the Cincinnati Reds and Minnesota Twins. He was 0-1 with a 2.60 ERA in 12 appearances (four starts) at Syracuse after making two appearances with Mexico at this spring’s World Baseball Classic.

Gerber, 29, pitched two scoreless innings against the Los Angeles Dodgers on April 13 in his only major league appearance this season. He was recalled on Friday but did not pitch over the weekend against the New York Yankees.

Minter, 32, had lat surgery in 2025 and experienced hip discomfort at spring training that landed him on the injured list to start the season. He has a 3.12 ERA in nine minor league rehab outings for three separate clubs.


–Field Level Media

#Deadspin #Mets #add #RHP #Daniel #Duarte #move #A.J #Minter #60day">Deadspin | Mets add RHP Daniel Duarte, move A.J. Minter to 60-day IL  Feb 18, 2026; Port St. Lucie, FL, USA;  New York Mets pitcher Daniel Duarte (54) throws a pitch during spring training workouts at Clover Park. Mandatory Credit: Reinhold Matay-Imagn Images   The New York Mets selected the contract of right-hander Daniel Duarte on Monday after right-hander Joey Gerber was optioned to Triple-A Syracuse on Sunday.  To free up a spot on the 40-man roster for Duarte, left-hander A.J. Minter was moved to the 60-day injured list. Minter continues to recover from a left lat strain and left hip discomfort.  Duarte, 29, has 36 career major league relief appearances, compiling a 3.99 ERA from 2022-24 with the Cincinnati Reds and Minnesota Twins. He was 0-1 with a 2.60 ERA in 12 appearances (four starts) at Syracuse after making two appearances with Mexico at this spring’s World Baseball Classic.   Gerber, 29, pitched two scoreless innings against the Los Angeles Dodgers on April 13 in his only major league appearance this season. He was recalled on Friday but did not pitch over the weekend against the New York Yankees.  Minter, 32, had lat surgery in 2025 and experienced hip discomfort at spring training that landed him on the injured list to start the season. He has a 3.12 ERA in nine minor league rehab outings for three separate clubs.  –Field Level Media    #Deadspin #Mets #add #RHP #Daniel #Duarte #move #A.J #Minter #60day

The winner of that Game 7 will have two days of rest before beginning the Eastern Conference Finals — the Hurricanes will have had 12.

A bizarre, problematic twist to the NHL Playoff schedule has led to the greatest rest disparity in the history of the Stanley Cup Playoffs. Nobody has had 12 games of rest before, and it happened because of the bracket’s construction. The NHL has long operated on the idea that nobody should be able to easily sweep a series, let along two back-to-back. What the Canes are doing hasn’t been seen since the 1980s, and it just so happens at the time where the other side of the Eastern conference draw has been a total crapshoot. It took seven games for the Canadiens to beat the Tampa Bay Lightning, the Sabres needed six to beat the Bruins in the opening round — now they have gone to seven against each other in this series. Meanwhile the Hurricanes wen 4-0 against the Senators, then 4-0 against the Flyers to reach this spot.

The result is that Carolina has played nearly half less games as anyone left in the East, and the fewest in the playoffs. It’s a blessing in terms of getting healthy, being rested, and entering the Eastern Conference Finals at 100-percent, but it remains to be seen if the rest could come back to bite the team by interrupting their rhythm. That’s a significant worry, and as dominant as the Canes have seemed, there are also some very real worries.

Thus far the team hasn’t seen a lot of production out of its top line. Svechnikov/Aho/Jarvis have been solid, but once again seem to be falling into that all-too-common Carolina trope of stars disappearing in the playoffs. The Hurricanes’ power play has been atrocious as well, 5-for-27 these playoffs after being 24.9% on the season. They’re won on the back of speed, power, and their forecheck — but have yet to be tested in a multi-goal deficit, and still have significant questions in net with Freddie Andersen playing phenomentally well, but being far from a safe bet after a down season in Raleigh.

That makes this upcoming Eastern Conference Final an each way bet, and a litmus test on the NHL’s scheduling. There’s no good result to what will happen next. If Carolina comes out and dominates then opposing fans will cry foul of the amount of rest the Canes got in the lead up to this series, if Carolina gets bodied early in the series it will be an indictment on them having too much rest to stay hot in the playoffs. Sprinkle in the drama of this destined to be another Southern hockey vs. legacy cold-weather city matchup and there will be plenty of angst in the ECF.

Embrace chaos, because it’s coming on Thursday night.

#Carolina #Hurricanes #coming #historic #rest #NHL #Eastern #Conference #Finals">Carolina Hurricanes coming off historic rest for NHL Eastern Conference Finals  It’s been a long time since the Carolina Hurricanes played hockey, and they have to wait even longer. The Montreal Canadiens and Buffalo Sabres play in Game 7 of their Eastern Conference Semi-Finals on Monday night, with Carolina waiting for the winner to kick off the next series on Thursday.The winner of that Game 7 will have two days of rest before beginning the Eastern Conference Finals — the Hurricanes will have had 12.A bizarre, problematic twist to the NHL Playoff schedule has led to the greatest rest disparity in the history of the Stanley Cup Playoffs. Nobody has had 12 games of rest before, and it happened because of the bracket’s construction. The NHL has long operated on the idea that nobody should be able to easily sweep a series, let along two back-to-back. What the Canes are doing hasn’t been seen since the 1980s, and it just so happens at the time where the other side of the Eastern conference draw has been a total crapshoot. It took seven games for the Canadiens to beat the Tampa Bay Lightning, the Sabres needed six to beat the Bruins in the opening round — now they have gone to seven against each other in this series. Meanwhile the Hurricanes wen 4-0 against the Senators, then 4-0 against the Flyers to reach this spot.The result is that Carolina has played nearly half less games as anyone left in the East, and the fewest in the playoffs. It’s a blessing in terms of getting healthy, being rested, and entering the Eastern Conference Finals at 100-percent, but it remains to be seen if the rest could come back to bite the team by interrupting their rhythm. That’s a significant worry, and as dominant as the Canes have seemed, there are also some very real worries.Thus far the team hasn’t seen a lot of production out of its top line. Svechnikov/Aho/Jarvis have been solid, but once again seem to be falling into that all-too-common Carolina trope of stars disappearing in the playoffs. The Hurricanes’ power play has been atrocious as well, 5-for-27 these playoffs after being 24.9% on the season. They’re won on the back of speed, power, and their forecheck — but have yet to be tested in a multi-goal deficit, and still have significant questions in net with Freddie Andersen playing phenomentally well, but being far from a safe bet after a down season in Raleigh.That makes this upcoming Eastern Conference Final an each way bet, and a litmus test on the NHL’s scheduling. There’s no good result to what will happen next. If Carolina comes out and dominates then opposing fans will cry foul of the amount of rest the Canes got in the lead up to this series, if Carolina gets bodied early in the series it will be an indictment on them having too much rest to stay hot in the playoffs. Sprinkle in the drama of this destined to be another Southern hockey vs. legacy cold-weather city matchup and there will be plenty of angst in the ECF.Embrace chaos, because it’s coming on Thursday night.  #Carolina #Hurricanes #coming #historic #rest #NHL #Eastern #Conference #Finals

Post Comment